2012 Technology Conference: Overview
“The New Landscape”
Social Business, Mobile, Analytics, Modern Technology
10th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference
Sheraton Centre Hotel (Toronto) - Monday, March 5th, 2012
The 10th annual ICTC was held Monday, March 5th, 2012.
Our two-day ICTC 2013 will be held March 18-19, 2013.
Over the past few years, technology has become even more pervasive in our daily activities. Smart phones and tablets have enabled “anywhere, anytime” communication and access to information. Advances in computing and communications infrastructure, combined with the rise of social networking, have changed the way we communicate with each other – socializing, transacting business, sharing and collaborating.
For insurance professionals – brokers, agents, distributors, insurers, and service providers – the pace of technological change is equally dramatic. The deeper and more intuitive capabilities of modern technology have enabled rich functionality in the current generation of modern management applications – broker, policy, claims, and customer service. Continuing improvement in communications enables better inter-organizational access and exchange of information, increasingly in real-time.
In the insurance business and elsewhere, this is the new landscape. Your customers are coming to expect it. Your competitors are beginning to take advantage of it. Have you placed yourself into this new business landscape? Are you prepared for the changes it has brought and will bring?
The business focus remains on improvements: better workflow, smoother processes, higher-quality data, timely access to transactions and information, and improved decision-making and planning. Modern technology is sharpening the focus with more flexible infrastructure and applications, communications and access that is not just instant but mobile, increasingly sophisticated planning and operational analytics, and social business tools allowing collaboration and sharing.
This is the new landscape you and your peers will explore at the 10th Annual Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Conference (ICTC) which will feature:
- 8 Strategic/Leadership sessions – addressing topics of interest to executives and senior managers involved with insurance and technology.
- 20 Showcase sessions – highlighting the business impacts of specific technologies, solutions or services.
A distinguished faculty is being formed to provide attendees with business-oriented, actionable information.
All presentations will be provided in business terms – no technology background is required.
With its focus on the use of technology in P&C Insurance, this conference will allow you to:
- Network with your peers, partners and providers who share a like interest;
- Learn about changing communications, both with customers and within the industry;
- See if and how you should become more of a social business;
- Hear how mobile is changing the way we work;
- Understand the trends and directions modern technology is taking BMS, Policy, Claims, Client and related systems – how it is enabling better data exchange and improving customer service;
- Learn how the next level of analytics tools can help leverage your data;
- and more.
This focused, one-day conference will target the needs of:
- CIOs and senior IT directors;
- Broker principals, operations managers, and technology officers;
- Senior claims, underwriting and marketing managers;
- Providers of claims and underwriting services;
- Providers of technology and communications products and services;
For Brokers, we will request RIBO credits in the Management Category
- Registration, with a continental breakfast, will start at 7:30am.
- Presentations will begin promptly at 8:30am and conclude around 5:15pm.
- A reception will be held at the end of the presentations until 6:00pm.
- Exhibits will be open during registration, presentations, coffee breaks, and the closing reception.
- Breakfast, coffee and the reception will be held in the exhibit area.
- A formal luncheon will feature the keynote address and the presentation of the 2012 Insurance-Canada.ca Technology Awards
- Registration and seating will begin at 11:45.
- Lunch will begin promptly at 12:15 and end at 2:45pm.
Since many of the presentation sessions run concurrently, pick the most relevant topic. You may follow a theme through the day – for example, there will be at least one session about distribution in each time period.