This page will provide you with news and articles about industry performance, statistics and general reference materials. Again the primary subject is insurance in Canada.
Are you looking for...
- annual statistics on the Canadian Insurance Industry?
- basic annual results for individual insurance companies or reinsurers?
- financial ratings on these same companies?
- analysis of the trends and prediction of the future results?
Several vendors or providers publish periodic – usually quarterly or annual – reports with different levels of analysis and performance ratings. Senior industry analysts monitor the industry and publish their analyses and predictions, while some publishers produce directories of industry players and service providers. This compilation is intended to help you find the information you seek.
News and Articles
Articles, editorials, commentary, research and published material pertaining to the Canadian insurance industry.
- Risk Calculator
- SMA - Insurers to increase spending on analytics
- Kanetix: Ontario auto insurance rates decrease for second consecutive quarter
- Swiss Re sigma study on world insurance in 2011 shows non-life insurance premiums continued to grow in 2011 despite an overall decline in premiums
- Towers Watson Survey Reveals Rising Commercial Insurance Prices for Fifth Consecutive Quarter
- Aon: Managing Defined Pension Plans Remains a Challenge According to the First Quarter Results for 2012
- ISO/PCI/III: USA P/C Insurers' Full-Year Results Deteriorated In 2011 as Catastrophe Losses Spiked, But Fourth-Quarter Results Tell a Different Story
- Kanetix: Auto insurance rates decrease in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta
- Kanetix.ca says Ontario car insurance rates increase 2.9 per cent
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. Life Insurance Activity Rose .2% in 2011
- FSCO: Auto Insurance Rates for the Fourth Quarter of 2011
- ISO/PCI/Insurance Information Institute: P/C Insurers' Underwriting And Overall Financial Results For Nine-Months 2011 Show Deterioration Driven By Spike In Catastrophe Losses
- CIAB Survey: Commercial P/C Market Pricing Remained Unchanged in Third Quarter
- FSCO: Auto Insurance Rates for the Third Quarter of 2011 [Bill 5]
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. Life Insurance Activity Off 3.4% in September
- ISO/PCI/INSURANCE INFORMATION INSTITUTE: Property/Casualty Insurers' Profits and Profitability Tumbled In First-Half 2011 As Catastrophes Ravaged Underwriting Results
- Fraser Institute: Highest auto insurance rates in Canada found in Ontario, BC, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba
- Towers Watson Survey: Commercial Insurance Prices Show Small Increase
- FSCO: Auto Insurance Rates for the Second Quarter of 2011
- RIMS Benchmark Survey™ Indicates Soft Market May be Near Bottom
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. Life Insurance Activity Flat in June
- Swiss Re: New sigma study "World insurance in 2010" reveals growth in global premium volume and capital
- Kanetix.ca rate study says Auto insurance rates rise 6.4 per cent in Ontario
- ISO/PCI/Insurance Information Institute Release: Property/Casualty Insurers’ Profits And Profitability Fell In First Quarter 2011 As Net Losses On Underwriting Ballooned
- RIMS Benchmark Survey™ - Commercial insurance premiums again tumble as capacity grows
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. Life Insurance Activity Up Slightly in March
- FSCO: Auto Insurance Rates for the First Quarter of 2011
- Towers Watson Survey Finds Defined Benefit Pensions at a Tipping Point
- kanetix: Auto insurance rates are on the rise in Ontario, Quebec and Alberta
- Towers Watson Survey: Commercial Insurance Prices Remain Flat for Eighth Consecutive Quarter
- ICLR: Climate change information for adaptation
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. 2010 Life Application Activity down -1.2%
- FSCO: Auto Insurance Rates for the Fourth Quarter of 2010
- Kanetix: Fourth quarter auto insurance rates higher in Ontario; lower in Alberta and Quebec
- ISO, I.I.I. and PCI: Property/Casualty Insurers' Overall Financial Results Through Nine Months Improved as Investment Gains Offset Losses on Underwriting
- LIMRA: Appeal of Guaranteed Living Benefit Riders Grows in the Third Quarter, 2010
- CIAB's Third Quarter Commercial PC Market Survey Shows Soft Market Persists
- FSCO: Ontario Auto Insurance Rates for the Third Quarter of 2010
- MIB Life Index Reports U.S. Life Insurance Activity Declines 2.0% in Q3
- Kanetix: Ontario car insurance rates drive higher
- Commercial Insurance Prices Remain Level for Sixth Straight Quarter, According to Towers Watson Survey
- Commercial Insurance Premiums Still Under Pressure, According to the RIMS Benchmark Survey™
For older articles, see our reference & statistics archive.