Travel Insurance Checklist
Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider BEFORE purchasing travel insurance in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises when you have a claim.
- What is NOT covered in the plan? (These are called "exclusions".)
- Does the plan have a deductible that you must pay for each claim?
- Does the plan deny benefits if your medical emergency arises because of a health problem you already had when your trip started? (This is called a "pre-existing condition".)
- Does the plan require you to determine by yourself whether you meet the insurance company's health standards before you can buy?
- Are there specific exclusions that pertain to sports or other activities?
The preceding questions are intended as a guideline only, and are not meant to be exhaustive.