Auto Insurance Checklist
Following are some key questions to ask your insurance provider BEFORE you purchase your automobile insurance.
- What coverages does the law require me to purchase?
- Can you give me an example of a loss that would be paid under each coverage?
- I understand there are optional coverage selections of Specified Perils, Comprehensive, Collision, and All Perils. What would each one cover, and which should I consider?
- Is it possible to buy "new for old" coverage on my vehicle and, if not, why not?
- Should I purchase coverage for a rental car if my car is out of use because of an insurance loss?
- Is there also coverage available to protect such a rental car from damage to it that might be my responsibility?
- As my insurance professional advisor, what coverages and limits would you recommend that I carry?
The preceding questions are intended as a guideline only, and are not meant to be exhaustive.